£28000.00 - £32000.00
Job Description: IT Business Analyst
Reporting to: Operations Development Leader
Business Analyst – Flexible working
Working with one of the region’s leading FMCG businesses, our client is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to help deliver business requirements through the production of user stories for our development teams.
Review, analyse and evaluate business systems and user needs. To document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
As the successful candidate progresses with their role within the company, they will be expected to utilise their skills and knowledge; adding value to a wide range of strategical improvement projects.
Operations Development Team – Functional mandate
· Design and implement new operational processes, services & systems where required.
· Work cross functionally with other departments engaging with all stakeholders.
· To use Project Methodology to deliver agreed change OTIF and within budget.
· Analyse data whilst understanding the business process to show trends and highlight areas for improvement.
· Troubleshooting where operational issues occur to offer guidance & support.
· To ‘find and fix’ where quick wins can be achieved.
· Work closely with all departments to learn, observe and record process with the intention of offering potential different approaches, if deemed appropriate, to help streamline processes and improve efficiency.
· To hold records/process flows maps for the departmental processes in a structured way to allow any user to be able to review and collate.
· Work closely with the development team to provide detailed information for reporting.
· Review current systems to ensure fit for purpose.
· Ensuring all business processes adhere to relevant regulations.
· Design and scope MI tools for business.
· Be recognised as the key point of contact for operational development.
· Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information & evaluating output requirements and formats.
· Construct workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities & write specifications.
· Improve systems by studying current practices & designing modifications.
· Recommend controls by identifying problems & writing improved procedures.
· Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements.
· Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports & recommending actions.
· Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
· Prepare technical reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
· Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes.
· Design informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
· Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
Generic Knowledge, Skills, Experience
· Excellent attitude to customer service.
· Confident and self-motivated team player with the ability to work to deadlines.
· Ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload.
· Ability to travel to other sites.
· Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational.
· Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive.
· Ability to work independently and with others.
· Extremely organized with strong time-management skills.
· Proficient in all phases of change management lifecycle.
· Have an analytical and practical approach to work.
· Methodical and logical approach to problem diagnosis and resolution.
· Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience preferred.
· Flair for Software Design.
· Software Maintenance.
· Process Improvement.
· Work Well Under Pressure.
· Excellent Communication Skills.
· Problem Solving.
· Critical Thinking.
· Existing role held for a period of 3+ years preferably within a fast-paced environment.
· Has played key roles within sizable business critical projects.
· Experience with consumer goods industry.
· Experience working with both hosted and in-house based infrastructure.
· Degree, preferably in appropriate field of study or equivalent experience
· Consistently delivers good Customer Service
· Initiates and engages in activities that improve customer’s experience
· Takes personal responsibility for own development
· Seeks, listens and positively responds to feedback
· Is a positive and effective team player
· Is willing to learn and to impart knowledge to colleagues, both technical and non-technical
If you feel this is the role for you then please apply including your CV and one of the team will be in touch with you shortly.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for an interview will be contacted.
Douglas Charles operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.
Fill in the form with your details and one of our team will give you a callback. Our team are happy to help with any questions or queries you may have, whether it’s about available roles or positions you are looking to fill.
Douglas Charles Recruitment helped me to recruit two superb new people to join my team at Business Coaches Yorkshire Ltd, my Action Coach franchise and I would recommend Douglas Charles to anyone looking for support with recruiting.
Sharon, my main contact, was amazingly helpful from our first meeting through to checking in after the team members had started to make sure everything was good.
On our initial call Sharon asked lots of questions to get clarity on the business, the roles I was looking to recruit and what I needed skills and behaviour wise from candidates. She used all of this information gleaned to turn my job description into an effective job advert and tweaked this over a few weeks to ensure the candidates applying matched the profile needed.
Sharon worked closely with me to accommodate the recruitment process I wanted to use – CV screening, an initial telephone interview by Sharon, a group interview and then 121 interviews with me.
She easily adjusted her ways of working to meet my needs and in the group interview was an invaluable second pair of eyes and ears – offering sound insight on the candidates and willing to voice her opinion to help me reach a decision on who to invite to the next stage.
Sharon worked hard to find the right candidates – matching people both on skills and attitude for my requirements. She is highly personable, a great support during the recruitment process and a good judge of character.
The candidates experience was equally positive – with both of them describing Sharon as incredibly friendly – she quickly put them at ease, was very informative and clear on what to expect and responsive to their queries and questions.
I would recommend Douglas Charles Recruitment to anyone looking to recruit.
Business Growth Specialist
Telemarketer - Business Coaches Yorkshire Ltd
Sharon and David at Douglas Charles listened and understood my dilemma when I had a problem. Only then did they look for suitable relevant opportunities for me.
Within two weeks I had two job offers. I would recommend Douglas Charles to anybody who is looking for new staff or a new job.
- Burrow & Crowe Ltd
Hi, my name is Ronan Cezar.
I was recently assisted by Douglas Charles team for a job position.
I was able to get an offer thanks to Mr. David Armitage and Mrs. Sharon Devine.
David and Sharon were not only supportive, kind and patient, they were the key element to make my new job possible.
I hope everyone looking for a job could have such an incredible assistance.
Thanks Sharon and David,
International Business Partner - International Business Partner, VIOOH Limited
I have used Douglas Charles recruitment for our professional needs.
They are an amazing agency and they take the time to actually listen and get to know the company and the ethos that they are recruiting for. This is what sets them apart from the rest.
Managing Director - Wakefield Pharmacy
Douglas Charles deliver a professional and personalised service, they make you feel comfortable putting your trust in them to find the right fit of candidate for your role. Sharon our consultant is friendly, approachable, helpful and understanding, she demonstrates professionalism and passion in her work. I appreciate her quick response, efficiency and prompt follow-ups to my requests. She knows and understands how we work here at Slingsby’s and will not swamp you with CV’s only forwarding those of people likely to be a good fit.
Thanks for all your help Sharon
|Morag J Tearne|
HR, Health & Safety Manager
Various Office Based Roles - HC Slingsby PLC
“Throughout the recruitment process Sharon kept me fully up to date with the progress of my application. Arranging the interview with the recruiting company and communicating professionally and timely at all stages.
Sharon supported me and answered any questions I had prior to the interview. Sharon’s support and advice was invaluable and the match between job role and candidate experience and suitability was second to none. I highly recommend this recruitment business for finding the right people for the right roles, I have worked with recruiters previously both as a recruiting manager in business and as a candidate, and Douglas Charles Recruitment stands out as a step ahead of the rest, fantastic service that delivers results! Thankyou.!”
I truly love my job and your help was a major factor in this life change move for me and I am very grateful to you.
Customer Service and Retentions Manager - Simply Vehicle Leasing