£21000.00 - £25000.00
Our Client is a highly successful and innovative technology-focused business with offices strategically placed across the UK. They offer huge opportunities to learn new skills in a supportive and creative environment and to make a significant contribution to shaping its future.
They are a leading technology-based brand with over 10,000 corporate partners and over 3M members across the country.
The successful candidate will come from a professional setting or a similar background and will have excellent communication skills, great organisation skills and the ability to manage and encourage a team of people to perform to the best of their ability. Raising standards of customer satisfaction and performance, you will be a self-starter that can hit the ground running.
ROLE TITLE: Customer Service Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager
Your purpose is to lead your team to deliver excellent customer service.
You will be expected to drive team performance and behaviours in line with KPIs and our Clients value & behaviour framework, looking closely at what they do and how they do it. You will be expected to look at their customer satisfaction metrics and help improve key areas that are detracting from their overall scores. Your team will work on a 1:15 ratio as a maximum. You will need to organise yourself, your team and its workload to ensure they meet service levels, ensuring performance is of the required quality and kept to a really high standard. Your workload would involve supporting and developing your team, driving the team’s performance, providing feedback & coaching, completing quality assessments, facilitating training and development, carrying out all aspects of performance, attendance management, settings standards and developing behaviours and delegating tasks.
You will lead a team that deal directly with their customers through a variety of channels, voice, email, live chat and social/digital platforms. You will be expected to deliver reporting and insight to the wider operational team and partners as requested/directed.
Your team can include but is not limited to, front line customer service agents, escalation handlers, complaint handlers, as well as potentially specialist functions as deemed relevant to a customer service environment.
You will be working in an ISO: 27001 environment, as well as maintaining a compliant environment under GDPR, ensuring that corrective actions and risks are managed at all times.
You must also create a win: win network within the wider leadership team, to help drive your results and the business results forward. You will be expected to actively contribute to business process improvements, and lead your business area through any change initiatives.
Key Generic Activities / Decision Areas
To lead, manage and develop the team by:-
· Understanding the full expectations of the customer service proposition and standards of delivery expected
· Encouraging a culture of continuous performance improvement at both an individual and service level.
· Building a co-operative and collaborative team that is flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
· Assigning work to team members, monitoring and supervising the day to day delivery and quality standards of the work.
· Setting and monitoring daily/weekly targets for individuals and the team. Identifying any issues of underperformance and take appropriate action.
· Conducting monthly 121 performance & behaviour sessions with each team member, agreeing objectives, identifying specific actions and development needs, reflecting on performance, providing constructive feedback, correct behaviours and assessing performance.
· Identifying individual and team training and development needs, liaising with the Head of L&D to deliver and where necessary build training programs.
· Agreeing and implementing plans for reaching and maintaining performance standards
· Actively monitoring attendance and absence. Undertaking return to work interviews and implementing absence management procedures as necessary.
· Resolving any grievance issues informally where possible and/or hear stage 1 formal process.
· Participating in recruitment and selection of new employees.
· Carrying out performance management as directed by management and or company policy. Documenting all discussions and file including advisors signature.
· Carrying out regular team meetings, briefing sessions to include agenda items from team.
· Ensuring statistical information is produced, collated and analysed to assist in evaluating the efficiency of the team and to inform resource allocation and service improvements.
To ensure quality standards are maintained by:-
· Monitoring team’s performance to ensure it meets expectations and agreed performance criteria.
· Undertaking and documenting regular quality monitoring of each team member, highlighting any areas for improvement. Discussing any issues with the individuals and developing improvement plans.
· Limiting and managing risk in terms of compliance failures, taking immediate action.
· Reporting variances to expected team performance to Head of Customer Service.
· Utilising management information and in house systems as appropriate to assess quality of actions.
· Working with the Head of Customer Service to enhance, develop and expand the service.
· Putting forward new ideas on service development to the Head of Customer Service
· Report and narrate on performance vs contract, and put recovery plans in action
To continuously review own performance and development needs to assist growth in development by:-
· Participating in open two-way dialogue during performance management meetings.
· Agreeing own task and development objectives and reviewing these and overall performance against objectives.
· Participating in training and development opportunities agreed within the Performance Management Process
Health, Safety & Risk Management
To ensure Health & Safety standards are maintained and risk mitigated to the lowest level possible by:-
· Ensuring a good standard of general housekeeping within the team’s environment
· Ensuring all H&S concerns are appropriately reported and action taken in a timely manner
· Ensuring that task-based risk assessments and reviews are undertaken and that identified risks are managed and mitigated where possible.
To ensure compliance with internal and external standards:-
· Work to SLA’s as defined by the company, and our partners
· Achieve and exceed personal and team targets as set out by the Customer Service Manager
· Comply with the Company Groups code of conduct, policies and procedures
· Meeting all ISO27001 requirements
· Meeting all GDPR ( Standard BS10012) requirements
· Meeting all FCA standards as required by our partners
Ensure needs of stakeholders are understood and achieved:-
· To monitor the changing needs of the service, liaising with internal and external customers to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for service improvement and implementing those improvements to the satisfaction of internal and external customers.
· To ensure that the team follows established procedures for each service request, including logging, processing and progress chasing enquiries, adhering to agreed Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements and quality standards to maximise customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
· Where possible, identify issues and/or barriers to the service for external customers. Working with other departments to develop and implement solutions.
· To follow internal and external change control processes
Specific Key Accountabilities
To lead a team in providing a support service to internal and external stakeholders:-
· Effectively manage the everyday running of the team and the solving of immediate problems.
· Effectively plan to meet the needs of the business on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
· Compile weekly performance and output reports for the Head of Customer Service, highlight potential capacity issues and offer solutions.
· Organise regular team meetings and performance management
· The Customer Service Team Leader will report to, and on occasion represent, the Customer Service Manager
· They will meet regularly to discuss new developments, issues arising and any relevant team matters.
· To undertake the duties of a Customer Service Adviser, Customer and Business Support Team, Customer Resolution Team and Executive Relations as required
· To act as stand in and/or contact point for the Customer Service Manager in their absence
· To review and realign processes to achieve maximum efficiency within the team and department
· Identify and carry out any coaching/training to meet individual and team needs
· To support the Customer Service Manager in the development and implementation of technology and systems to ensure the most effective use of new technology and opportunities.
· Undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the Customer Service Manager.
· To meet all requirements of activity undertaken as part of partner contracts
· Ensure compliance at all times with company information and security policies in line with the ISO 27001 standard
To monitor teams expenditure: –
· Collating data/information and write regular reports/returns
· Arrange refunds when required
· Provide complaint and escalation insight
Fill in the form with your details and one of our team will give you a callback. Our team are happy to help with any questions or queries you may have, whether it’s about available roles or positions you are looking to fill.
Hi, my name is Ronan Cezar.
I was recently assisted by Douglas Charles team for a job position.
I was able to get an offer thanks to Mr. David Armitage and Mrs. Sharon Devine.
David and Sharon were not only supportive, kind and patient, they were the key element to make my new job possible.
I hope everyone looking for a job could have such an incredible assistance.
Thanks Sharon and David,
International Business Partner - International Business Partner, VIOOH Limited
“Throughout the recruitment process Sharon kept me fully up to date with the progress of my application. Arranging the interview with the recruiting company and communicating professionally and timely at all stages.
Sharon supported me and answered any questions I had prior to the interview. Sharon’s support and advice was invaluable and the match between job role and candidate experience and suitability was second to none. I highly recommend this recruitment business for finding the right people for the right roles, I have worked with recruiters previously both as a recruiting manager in business and as a candidate, and Douglas Charles Recruitment stands out as a step ahead of the rest, fantastic service that delivers results! Thankyou.!”
I truly love my job and your help was a major factor in this life change move for me and I am very grateful to you.
Customer Service and Retentions Manager - Simply Vehicle Leasing
Sharon and David at Douglas Charles listened and understood my dilemma when I had a problem. Only then did they look for suitable relevant opportunities for me.
Within two weeks I had two job offers. I would recommend Douglas Charles to anybody who is looking for new staff or a new job.
- Burrow & Crowe Ltd
Douglas Charles Recruitment helped me to recruit two superb new people to join my team at Business Coaches Yorkshire Ltd, my Action Coach franchise and I would recommend Douglas Charles to anyone looking for support with recruiting.
Sharon, my main contact, was amazingly helpful from our first meeting through to checking in after the team members had started to make sure everything was good.
On our initial call Sharon asked lots of questions to get clarity on the business, the roles I was looking to recruit and what I needed skills and behaviour wise from candidates. She used all of this information gleaned to turn my job description into an effective job advert and tweaked this over a few weeks to ensure the candidates applying matched the profile needed.
Sharon worked closely with me to accommodate the recruitment process I wanted to use – CV screening, an initial telephone interview by Sharon, a group interview and then 121 interviews with me.
She easily adjusted her ways of working to meet my needs and in the group interview was an invaluable second pair of eyes and ears – offering sound insight on the candidates and willing to voice her opinion to help me reach a decision on who to invite to the next stage.
Sharon worked hard to find the right candidates – matching people both on skills and attitude for my requirements. She is highly personable, a great support during the recruitment process and a good judge of character.
The candidates experience was equally positive – with both of them describing Sharon as incredibly friendly – she quickly put them at ease, was very informative and clear on what to expect and responsive to their queries and questions.
I would recommend Douglas Charles Recruitment to anyone looking to recruit.
Business Growth Specialist
Telemarketer - Business Coaches Yorkshire Ltd
I have used Douglas Charles recruitment for our professional needs.
They are an amazing agency and they take the time to actually listen and get to know the company and the ethos that they are recruiting for. This is what sets them apart from the rest.
Managing Director - Wakefield Pharmacy
Douglas Charles deliver a professional and personalised service, they make you feel comfortable putting your trust in them to find the right fit of candidate for your role. Sharon our consultant is friendly, approachable, helpful and understanding, she demonstrates professionalism and passion in her work. I appreciate her quick response, efficiency and prompt follow-ups to my requests. She knows and understands how we work here at Slingsby’s and will not swamp you with CV’s only forwarding those of people likely to be a good fit.
Thanks for all your help Sharon
|Morag J Tearne|
HR, Health & Safety Manager
Various Office Based Roles - HC Slingsby PLC