£27000.00 - £
Douglas Charles is working with our client on this exciting opportunity that has arisen for an Executive Personal Assistant to join the Executive Support Team of a local award-winning Foundation. This role will be to provide a full Executive PA service to the CEO and Operations Director.
This essential role will be responsible for offering dedicated high quality Board Secretary support to the Board of Trustees, as well as efficient PA support to the CEO and the Executive Team. This will involve consistently complex diary management, servicing & minuting board and committee meetings, Executive Team calendar management, external liaison, dealing with confidential matters discreetly and diplomatically, processing expenses, preparing board papers and drafting correspondence. The effective minuting of the Charity Board meetings and its Governance Committees is a key component of this role. There will also be broader office management related administration responsibilities including line managing a team administrator and working collaboratively with other team members to ensure the smooth running of the charity.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated Board Secretary experience in the charity sector with an understanding of complex governance structures. Educated to degree level or the equivalent this person will have advanced IT skills, strong handling of all MS Office packages and superb written and spoken communication skills. Able to work pro-actively as part of a team as well as using their own initiative, this person will be professional, friendly and approachable. Confidence and assertiveness will be important coupled with a good sense of humour and a genuine empathy with the work of the organisation.
To provide a dedicated high quality support services to the Board of Trustees, CEO and Executive Team, on a day-to-day basis and serve as a board and governance committee secretary for the organisation.
Executive Team Support
· Co-ordinate the daily calendars of the CEO and executive team, planning appointments, liaising with multiple organisations, ensuring appropriate time is allocated and planned to include where travel is required
· Act as the point of contact between executives for both internal and external contacts, handling sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality
· Manage and screen phone calls and emails, using discretion to prioritise and ensure appropriate response and action is made in a timely manner
· Research and book business travel and accommodation in accordance with the travel policy
· Support the Executive team by producing correspondence, reports, presentations and other documents, including their formatting, printing binding and distribution
· Provide personal support in collation of expenses for executive team in accordance with the expenses policy
· Set up and maintain document management systems, abiding by general data protection regulations
· Receive and interact with visitors and guests for the Executive Team
· Co-ordinate and attend weekly executive team meetings, attending in order to note record and track actions
· Coordinate and supervise other admin staff to enable sufficient admin cover in periods of absence to ensure effective admin continuity
· Monitor the performance and provide coaching and guidance to team administrator
· Oversee the provision and maintenance of office equipment such as franking machine and telephone systems
· Lead the delivery of the production of the PLCF Capability Code of Practice (CCOP) process and the assessment of the Board against the Charity Commission Code of Good Governance.
· Lead on the PFA Community Player Engagement In line with CCOP and the PFA Requirements
Board & Committee Support
· Lead the formulation of agendas and meeting packs by managing the timetable, formatting and production to a high standard of accuracy and presentation
· Produce board papers and reports for the Chair and other Trustees in preparation for meetings and ensure the board calendar of events is maintained
· Circulate agendas and meetings packs in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring that meeting participants have sufficient time to prepare for quarterly meetings
· Organise and book meeting rooms, equipment and refreshments in accordance with the requirements of the chair
· Attend meetings in order to provide support for speakers and take accurate formal , detailed minutes that fully record proceedings, including capturing and maintaining ‘conflicts of interest’ register
· Circulate draft minutes to relevant participants for review and comment within agreed timeline of the meeting, capture and agree amendments prior to final version being circulated in a timely way
· Coordinate and facilitate any board/team ‘away days’ and the AGM, sourcing suitable venues, accommodation and travel arrangements where necessary
· Team responsibility for one Administrator
· This role will support the Trustee Board, and the Charity Sub-Committees, which meet on a quarterly basis.
If you feel this sound like the job for you then please apply and submit your CV and one of out team will get back to you shortly.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for an interview will be contacted.
Douglas Charles operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.
Fill in the form with your details and one of our team will give you a callback. Our team are happy to help with any questions or queries you may have, whether it’s about available roles or positions you are looking to fill.
Hi, my name is Ronan Cezar.
I was recently assisted by Douglas Charles team for a job position.
I was able to get an offer thanks to Mr. David Armitage and Mrs. Sharon Devine.
David and Sharon were not only supportive, kind and patient, they were the key element to make my new job possible.
I hope everyone looking for a job could have such an incredible assistance.
Thanks Sharon and David,
International Business Partner - International Business Partner, VIOOH Limited
Sharon and David at Douglas Charles listened and understood my dilemma when I had a problem. Only then did they look for suitable relevant opportunities for me.
Within two weeks I had two job offers. I would recommend Douglas Charles to anybody who is looking for new staff or a new job.
- Burrow & Crowe Ltd
I have used Douglas Charles recruitment for our professional needs.
They are an amazing agency and they take the time to actually listen and get to know the company and the ethos that they are recruiting for. This is what sets them apart from the rest.
Managing Director - Wakefield Pharmacy
Douglas Charles Recruitment helped me to recruit two superb new people to join my team at Business Coaches Yorkshire Ltd, my Action Coach franchise and I would recommend Douglas Charles to anyone looking for support with recruiting.
Sharon, my main contact, was amazingly helpful from our first meeting through to checking in after the team members had started to make sure everything was good.
On our initial call Sharon asked lots of questions to get clarity on the business, the roles I was looking to recruit and what I needed skills and behaviour wise from candidates. She used all of this information gleaned to turn my job description into an effective job advert and tweaked this over a few weeks to ensure the candidates applying matched the profile needed.
Sharon worked closely with me to accommodate the recruitment process I wanted to use – CV screening, an initial telephone interview by Sharon, a group interview and then 121 interviews with me.
She easily adjusted her ways of working to meet my needs and in the group interview was an invaluable second pair of eyes and ears – offering sound insight on the candidates and willing to voice her opinion to help me reach a decision on who to invite to the next stage.
Sharon worked hard to find the right candidates – matching people both on skills and attitude for my requirements. She is highly personable, a great support during the recruitment process and a good judge of character.
The candidates experience was equally positive – with both of them describing Sharon as incredibly friendly – she quickly put them at ease, was very informative and clear on what to expect and responsive to their queries and questions.
I would recommend Douglas Charles Recruitment to anyone looking to recruit.
Business Growth Specialist
Telemarketer - Business Coaches Yorkshire Ltd
Douglas Charles deliver a professional and personalised service, they make you feel comfortable putting your trust in them to find the right fit of candidate for your role. Sharon our consultant is friendly, approachable, helpful and understanding, she demonstrates professionalism and passion in her work. I appreciate her quick response, efficiency and prompt follow-ups to my requests. She knows and understands how we work here at Slingsby’s and will not swamp you with CV’s only forwarding those of people likely to be a good fit.
Thanks for all your help Sharon
|Morag J Tearne|
HR, Health & Safety Manager
Various Office Based Roles - HC Slingsby PLC
“Throughout the recruitment process Sharon kept me fully up to date with the progress of my application. Arranging the interview with the recruiting company and communicating professionally and timely at all stages.
Sharon supported me and answered any questions I had prior to the interview. Sharon’s support and advice was invaluable and the match between job role and candidate experience and suitability was second to none. I highly recommend this recruitment business for finding the right people for the right roles, I have worked with recruiters previously both as a recruiting manager in business and as a candidate, and Douglas Charles Recruitment stands out as a step ahead of the rest, fantastic service that delivers results! Thankyou.!”
I truly love my job and your help was a major factor in this life change move for me and I am very grateful to you.
Customer Service and Retentions Manager - Simply Vehicle Leasing